Sunday, June 5, 2011

New house...Construction has begun!!!

Hello everyone!  I have not blogged in a really long time!  I've still been reading all my favorite blogs but have had no inspiration to blog myself! 
Anyhoo, I hope everyone is doing well.  My life has been hectic but that's the way I like it! 




Mr. LabelSnob and I are building a house and construction is about to begin!  They have cleared the lot so we can now see where the house is going to sit on the lot. 

My back yard is MUCH smaller than I realized but I'm okay with that.  Less to maintain.  As long as my dogs have enough room to do their business and run and play, I'm happy. 

We will have a screen in porch area which is a must for me.  I love sitting outside and enjoying a cup of coffee or glass of wine and when the weather is nice even eat out there. 

We've been having lots of fun picking out decor and furniture we want to get once we move in! 
I am changing my entire decor style. 
When I first got married and started decorating my first house I decorated in a "country" style.  Lots of quilts, baskets, stuffed ducks (I'm kidding) but you get the idea?  It was cheap...it was tacky.
Then I started decoring very, ummmm Pottery Barnish (is that a decor style?) and now I am a less is more kinda gal and my current house is styled very "Kirklands". 
I am really bad at describing decor style I'm sorry.  And if you aren't familiar with these stores, you have no idea what I'm talking about...

But in my new house I plan a very retro decor style.  Lots of high gloss white furniture, black and silver accents and pops of color here and there.  I have been looking at decorating/style blogs every free minute I get and gathering tons of ideas and inspiration photos!  I will keep you posted and post pics along the way!

Have a great week and talk to you again soon! 
I already have another post I'm writing about clothes and shopping that will be up soon!

XOXO
LabelSnob

16 comments:

  1. the house looks great :)
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    visit <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ cristina petre Thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're building a house?? That's my dream!! Can't wait to see how your house turns out!

    Happy Weekend Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jen YAY! It's really exciting! I cannot wait to move in! It's so fun picking out the colors and materials but scary too! I hope I made all the right decisions!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, on my way to check yours out!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so awesome that you're in the process of getting your home built. it does sound hectic but really fun at the same time. i'm excited for you!

    hope you find that inspiration again luv! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cheryl!!! Thanks so much for your lovely comment! The whole house project gets more stressful by the day but yes, it's fun too!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats:) How exciting!! You look great by the way!
    XOXO's
    Lara
    ineedanewoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new house. Such an exciting time! Can't wait to read more about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Can't wait to see the work in progress. We are still searching for our home, but our dream would be do build it from the ground up. However, to do that IN the city would cost us about $500k or more...eek!! We want a nice size home and the backyard is a MUST for our dogs and future outdoor kitchen. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend :)
    -Linh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with building your new home! It's like starting a whole new chapter in your life! :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Closet Fashionista Thanks!

    @ Lara Hey Lara! How are you??? Thanks for the compliment! You're so sweet :)

    @ Mai Thank you! It has been really exciting...and I can't believe how fast the whole process is going! I'll be sure to post updates! I have one coming tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Linh @ La-La Linh Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog! I'm currently obessed with yours!! :) Luckily I live in a small area but I imagine it would be crazy expensive to build in a big city! Keep searching-you'll find the perfect house that you can make your dream home! hhhmmm an outdoor kitchen? That sounds amazing!!!

    @ Rachel Emma (Daydream Frenzy) Thanks for the well wishes!! :) And thanks for stopping by and commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photographs - looks like you are making lots of progress on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Katherine Thank you so much for your comment! The house will be done in just a few more weeks! Update post coming soon with new pics!

    ReplyDelete