| http://weheartit.com/tag/scale?page=4 I completed Onna's 4 week Weight Loss Challenge http://onnaslittleblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/4-week-weight-loss-challenge.html. I'm proud that I actually finished it. Not that I accomplished much but I hate when I start something and it just fizzles out -something I do all too often :( So this past week-once again (surprise surprise) I didn't make it to the gym. I do have a physical "excuse" though. I actually have a lot of issues with my back and this week it was hurting all week. On Friday I even went to a Chiropractor for the very first time. I have always been very against going to one and frankly quite terrified. In fact several times while sitting there in the waiting room to be called I though about dashing out the front door! I was so extremely nervous about the treatment but when I left I was in awe. Now I know how people get so "hooked" into going. You just feel so amazing afterwards. Anyways long story short-no gym this week. I stepped on the scale today for my weekly weigh in. Let me refresh your memory that 4 weeks ago when I started this challenge I weighed 138.2. Today I stepped on the scale and it read 129.8...WOW! I couldn't believe it. There was NO way. Last week I weighed in at 133.8. Could I have really lost 4 pounds??? So I weighed again...it read 131.2. hummmm And I weighed again and it read 129.6. I thought "what the heck was going on????" Now if you have read my other posts in this challenge I have been quite surprised by my weigh ins. Although I have tried to eat better and go to the gym-I was less than consistent with any of my goals! I thought the scale MUST be broke. So today when I stepped on and it read 129.8 I knew it hard to be broke! I decided I would put fresh batteries in it (when was the last time I did that-I couldn't even remember) and stepped on the scale...3 times. I was quite sad to realize that in fact my scale WAS BROKE!!! I weight all three times the same...135.6 So after 4 weeks of thinking I was tracking my weight I actually have no idea what my starting weight was and how much I lost! I cannot believe it! I know my weight after replacing the batteries is accurate because as I said earlier I went to the doctor on Friday and we know how accurate those scales are! It read 135. What did I learn on this challenge? Not much except replace your batteries in your scale often to be sure the weights are accurate and remember you have to take one day at a time when trying to eat healthy and maintain an exercise program. If you have a "bad" meal don't turn it into a "bad" day and then a "bad" week. Move on and strive to eat better at the next meal. It's not about perfection. I just want to be as healthy as I can be. XOXO LabelSnob |
Sunday, April 17, 2011
FINAL week on Onna's 4 week weight loss challenge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is why I NEVER step on a scale. I drive myself crazy!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
@ Bonnie aaagghhhh I know, right??? I'm scared to get back on! Thanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDelete